Charter Commission 2020-2022
MEETINGS & AGENDAS
Agendas, packets, and minutes as well as remote access instructions can be found in the Agenda Center.
At the July 14, 2020 Election, City of Portland voters approved creating a Charter Commission to open up review of the City Charter.
On August 10, 2020, the City Council approved the appointment of three members to serve on the Charter Commission and established that nine additional members elected by Portland voters will serve on the Commission. On October 5, 2020, the Council set the election date for when voters will choose the remaining members.
Voters elected the remaining nine members of the Commission using Ranked Choice Voting on June 8, 2021.
Public comment can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dory Waxman (appointed by Council)
Michael Kebede (appointed by Council) (Chair)
Peter Eglinton (appointed by Council) (Secretary)
Shay Stewart Bouley (District 1) (Vice-Chair)
Robert O'Brien (District 2)
Zack Barowitz (District 3)
Marcques Houston (District 4)
Ryan Lizanecz (District 5)
Catherine Buxton (At-Large)
Marpheen Chann (At-Large)
Nasreen Sheikh Yousef (At-Large)
Pat Washburn (At-Large)
The Portland Charter Commission will hold an online public hearing July 28, 2021, at 6 p.m., to gather opinions and suggestions from city residents about their work. Read on...
|Governance||Sheikh-Yousef, Lizanecz, O'Brien, Stewart-Bouley||O'Brien|
|Education||Houston, Eglinton, Chann||Houston|
|Elections||Buxton, Chann, Washburn||Buxton|
|Procedures||Barowitz, Waxman, Kebede, Washburn||Washburn|
|Departments||Houston, Lizanecz, Barowitz||Lizanecz|
Please note that you must fully download the PDF files and view them in Adobe in order to view any attachments included in the public comments.
- Charter Commission Public Comment Received Through September 10
- Charter Commission Public Comment Received September 11 through September 24
- Charter Commission Public Comments Received Through October 31
- Charter Commission Public Comments Received November 1 through November 14
- Charter Commission Public Comments Received Nov 15 Through Nov 30
- Charter Commission Public Comments Received Dec 1 Through Dec 17
- Charter Commission Public Comments Received Dec 18 Through Dec 22
- Charter Commission Public Comments Received Dec 22 Through Jan 7
Elections Committee Resources
Proposals Passed and Moved to Full Charter Commission
Materials for Clean Elections Proposal
Proposals Under Consideration