Park Rules and Regulations
Alcohol, Drugs and Tobacco
- Drugs, alcohol and smoking of any kind are prohibited in all City parks and trails.
Artificial Turf and Tracks
- Use of the artificial turf fields requires a permit. Please call 207-808-5400
- Track may be used for recreational use when not occupied by a permitted group.
- No cleats on track. No metal cleats on field.
- During permitted use, only players and coaches allowed on track and field areas.
- Water is allowed on the track and field. No food, gum, seeds, or drinks allowed.
- No fires or grills of any kind on tracks or athletic fields.
- No vehicles or bicycles allowed in stadiums.
- Camping is not permitted in any of Portland's Parks, Open Spaces, Playgrounds, Trails, Cemeteries or Athletic Facilities Fields.
Please visit our Leashed Areas page for detailed information on the City of Portland Leash Regulations.
- Dogs are not permitted in playgrounds, school yards, athletic courts and fields, splash pads, or pools.
- Dog owners must dispose of dog waste. $250 fine for failure to dispose.
- Trained Service Dogs are welcome in our parks and facilities with the following guidelines:
- Drone use is regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Their regulations call for the following:
- Fly at or below 400 feet
- Be aware of airspace requirements and restrictions
- Stay away from surrounding obstacles
- Keep your aircraft within sight
- Never fly near other aircraft, especially near airports
- Never fly over groups of people
- Never fly over stadiums or sports events
- Never fly near emergency response efforts such as fires
- Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Events with 25 or more people require an event permit available HERE.
- No fires or charcoal grills. Gas grills OK.
Food Trucks and Food Carts
- We welcome food trucks to our Parks and Open Spaces according to the FOLLOWING REGULATIONS.
- Parks and trails are open from 6:30am to 10:00pm.
- Tommy’s Park and Post Office Park are open from 6:30am to 1:00am the following day. (closed 1:00am to 6:30am)
- After 10:00pm (or 1:00am for Tommy’s Park or Post Office Park), park visitors may be ticketed for loitering unless they are simply passing through a park.
- Metal detecting is only allowed in wooded areas and on beaches. Any holes must be immediately filled. Absolutely no metal detecting or digging in park landscaped areas, lawns, athletic fields, cemeteries, or playgrounds.
- All vehicles must stay on designated park roadways.