Rental Housing Advisory Committee
As part of the Tenant Housing Rights Ordinance adopted by the City Council in November 2016 (Chapter 6 Article XI, Section 6-225; Council Order 76-16/17 and 32-18/19), a Rental Housing Advisory Committee was created. All members of the Committee, excluding the members experienced in legal rights/interests of tenants and landlords, are residents of the City. The members experienced in legal rights/interests of tenants and landlords may be either a resident of or work in the City of Portland. Committee members are appointed by the City Council.
The Committee will meet on the 4th Monday of every month with occasional changes to that date to accommodate holidays, to be co-chaired by one landlord representative and one tenant representative.
Time: 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Place: 389 Congress Street, Room 24, Portland, Maine
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
The Committee’s duties are to:
1. Provide the Housing Committee with recommendations or proposals for improvements, modifications, or changes regarding landlord and tenant policy issues; and
2. Identify educational opportunities, seminars, and materials that would be useful to landlords and tenants.
The Committee is comprised of nine members appointed by the City Council. Membership will include:
- Three (3) Landlords
- Three (3) Tenants
- One (1) Member who is not a tenant or a landlord
- One (1) Member experienced in legal rights/interests of tenants – Submitted by Pine Tree Legal Assistance.
- One (1) Member experienced in legal rights/interests of landlords – Submitted by Southern Maine Landlord Association.
- Meredith Cook, Tenant Representative, Expiration 3/30/2024
- Nora Graves, neither Landlord or Tenant Representative, Expiration 3/30/2023
- Wendy Harmon, Landlord Representative, Expiration 3/30/2024
- Jeremy Lock, Landlord Representative, Expiration 3/30/2024
- Christopher Marot, Legal Representative for Rights of Tenants, Expiration 3/30/2024
- Crow Norlander, Landlord Representative, Expiration 3/30/2023
- William Sedlack, Tenant Representative, Expiration 3/30/2024
- Regan Sweeney, Legal Representative for Landlords, Expiration 3/30/2022
- Open, Tenant Representative Expiration 03/30/2024