Madison Walnut Washington Sewer Separation Project
Project construction will be starting at the end of March and April, 2018 on Washington Avenue
- New 10” – 18” storm drain and 10” – 24” sewer main will be installed within the following streets
- Walnut Street (Washington Avenue to North Street)
- North Street (Walnut Street to Melbourne Street
- Washington Ave ( Walnut Street to Cumberland Avenue)
- Short section of Madison Street at Washington Ave
- In total the project will construct 2,000 linear ft of new storm drain and another 2,000 ft of new sewer main
- Walnut, Washington streets within work area will be reconstructed, new pavement installed
- New underground conduits for future traffic needs at intersection of Walnut – Fox – Washington
- New ADA ramps and crosswalks at North Street and Walnut Street
- New ADA ramps, and crosswalks at Walnut – Fox – Washington
- New ADA ramps, and crosswalks at Marion Street
- New 3,100 feet of 8” & 12” DI water main on Walnut, North, Sheridan and Washington Avenue
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE PROJECT
- Large equipment and machines moving through the area creating vibrations
- Traffic disruptions, backups, moving work-zone, slower traffic - especially on Washington Avenue
- Walnut St will be closed to local traffic only
- Temporary disruptions to driveways, water, sewer lines (contractor must provide notification)
- Temporary water lines will be installed running across yards and connecting to houses
- Dust - contractor required to control dust but it will still get dusty at times
- Professional interactions with contractor (contact one of the people listed below, if this doesn’t happen)
SEQUENCING OF PROJECT
- Start of construction late March - early April 2018
- Project will start by installing water valves and temporary water
- Once water is active (April) contractor will start storm, sewer, and water work on Washington Ave and work through July installing utilities.
- In August the contractor will be reconstructing Washington Ave and doing sidewalk work.
- Work on Walnut and North Street will start end of July.
- During August and September the contractor will install storm, sewer and water on Walnut and North St.
- Roadway reconstruction will occur on Walnut and North in October and November.
- Base Paving will occur throughout project as work is complete
- Project will be substantially complete by end of November.
- Final Paving and Misc. restoration to occur in the spring of 2019
WHO TO CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS/ISSUES
- Construction manager for D&C Construction: Rene Perron at (207) 247-6023
- City Inspector onsite daily: Rick Day of Sebago Technics
- Project Engineer, Portland Department of Public Works: Nathaniel Smith at (207) 874-8818, firstname.lastname@example.org